Saturday, July 30, 2011

Until We Meet Again

I left Gulu a few days ago and only have a few more days left in Uganda.  To say the least my heart is torn in two. One part of me is overwhelmed with excitement to get home, see my family, hold my niece and catch up with all of my dear friends.  The other part of me does not want to leave because I have completely fallen in love with Gulu, with the people and particularly with the body of believers I have had the tremendous opportunity to serve. Particularly the Trauma Team: Florence, Chris, Joel, Francis Oyat, Christine, Jaspher, Carol, Joan, Nick, Francis Oloya, and David. Every single one of these people welcomed me as a family member and the more time we spent together the deeper our love for one another grew.  It is truly incredible that half way across the world, in a culture drastically different from my own, among people who are unlike any other people I have met before I have found family.  This instantaneous, intimate bond can only be attributed to the fact that we are all God’s children; I feel so blessed to have experienced what that brotherly and sisterly love is meant to be like.  To my new brothers and sisters- I love you dearly and I miss you so much already that my heart aches.  My prayer is that I get to see again soon, but, as my dear friend Paige said, if not this side of heaven I’m thankful we can be sure to see each other on the other side. So, I will not say goodbye but rather until we meet again my beloved brothers and sisters, may you continue to do the Lord’s work with passion that consumes every fiber of your being, may God bless you all and may He give you the desires of your hearts.  I will pray for you always and I am deeply thankful for the fellowship we have had the past few months. I love you.

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy you had such an amazing time. Isn't it amazing all the kinds of people you can meet and love around the world?

    But I am so glad you are coming home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet Kelsie- this makes me cry! So thankful you were there & that there are others who are still there to be Jesus to so many precious, hurting people. I know life will never be the same for you now and that is all to God's glory! Praising Him for all He's done in and through you and praying for you every step of your journey back home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kels, I would love nothing more than to have you take John and I over there to meet everyone and love on everyone. It will happen. I know it. I felt the same way leaving Brazil (although only there for a few weeks!) and I constantly think of my friends there. I plan on going back as soon as I can and I know somehow God will make it happen, just as for you, I strongly believe that if your heart aches to go back there, God will help get there. The ideas that you have on how to make an impact in the research over there are SO valuable, I would love nothing more than to see that come to fruition and have you back in Gulu helping all the beautiful people once again.

    Love you, I cannot wait until your done riding airplanes and here so I can hug you!

    ReplyDelete