Saturday, July 9, 2011

Personal Transformation

July 7, 2011
God has also been transforming me; as I wrote earlier, I have been learning so much about myself, my habit of living in fear, and how Christ has freed me from that but also I have been learning about the power and authority we have because we are his.  Though these are things that I have heard week after week growing up in the church I never claimed them. I certainly believed that God performed miracles through other people but never acknowledged that because I am His I have that same power and authority. I have always defined myself as a timid, unassertive individual who just does as she is told. What a horrible attitude for a daughter of the one true God. He has called me to be so much more, to own the fact that I am a daughter of the King. I say that with absolutely no arrogance or pride because it is all His doing, not mine, but because He has chosen me I should claim the identity He has given me. Cristianna shared these passages with me and prompted the question ‘what would life look like if we claimed this identity and these truths?’ 1 Peter 2:9-10 “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into marvelous light. Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.”  Deuteronomy 7:6-9 “For you are a people holy to the Lord your God, the Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession. The Lord did not set his affection on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples. But it was because the Lord loved you and kept the oath he swore to your forefathers that he brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the land of slavery, from the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt. Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.” 2 Peter 1:3-9 “His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But if anyone does not have them, he is near sighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.”   The importance in claiming this identity is that then God receives all the glory for who I am. Others will know Him because I live out the identity he has given me. I’m so thankful that God is revealing these truths to me and that He has surrounded me by people who help to teach me His truths. Now may he continue to work in me and the other believers so that we may glorify him in everything we are.

3 comments:

  1. It was so wonderful to skype with you this morning, and Shelia was so pleased to be a part of it. Kelsie, your words, Gods words touch me to the core. I know you're our daughter, but I am in awe, I appreciate the depth of your words, the passion of your heart, and how you are touching so many for Him, how you are touching us for Him. You are a light my darlin'. Praying for your upcoming trip to the field, your continued days there and thanking God for loving, protecting, using you for His glory. We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are learning about yourself. ANd it sounds like some powerful things are happening!!! I am so, so, so excited to talk with you tomorrow!!!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the junk out of you Kelsie. I cannot wait to see you, and am so excited and thankful for all that God is doing. Amazing. I'm so jazzed to see you again, there are no words.

    except....

    I love you, i love you, i love you!

    skype soon? We must talk :)

    ReplyDelete